Sunday, January 30, 2011

January In The NBA


It’s that time of the month folks, when I chime in with 10 observations from the previous month’s NBA action. Let’s get straight into it.

1. KG – Mr Cheap Shot

I am a Celtics guy so I don’t dislike Kevin Garnett. In fact, I love what he brings to the floor. But I can’t hold this back any longer; nobody does a cheap shot like KG.

It usually goes something like this. When he’s over excited from a dunk or an and-one play he’ll dish out a cheap shot, typically an elbow to the grill or mid-section (then again, he could just chop you in the balls after a jump shot; ask Channing Frye). When the guy comes at him to remonstrate, he’ll throw his arms up and back away as if he’s the innocent party. I suspect he does this because he doesn’t have the stomach for a real confrontation.

It does surprise me that very few players take him to task on it (although Bogut has on several occasions). Just once, can someone please call his bluff and snot him one because he thoroughly deserves it. And you know what; I reckon he’d go down like a sack of spuds.

Sure, you’d get suspended and fined a princely sum, but boy, wouldn’t it be worth it to see KG hit the pine. And I am sure there would be no shortage of players around the league offering to help pay the fine.
Read more of my article at NBAMate