Sunday, April 3, 2011

March In The NBA


It’s that time of the month folks, when I chime in with 10 observations from the previous month’s action. Let’s get straight into it.

1. Quotes Of The Month

“I don’t like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he’s still soft.”

- Oklahoma City’s Kendrick Perkins

Don’t hold back Perk, tell us how you really feel.

“I was just standing there, and I hoped he wasn’t going to crush my face.”

- Phoenix center Marcin Gortat, on the receiving end of a Blake Griffin monster jam (that was ruled an offensive foul)

Full marks for honesty.

“This is the system David Stern and his minions like. So that’s the system you have … I certainly can’t have an opinion because David Stern, like a lot of leaders we’ve seen in this world lately, don’t really tolerate other people’s opinion or free speech or anything. So I’m not really allowed to have an opinion.”

- Orlando Coach Stan Van Gundy on Dwight Howard’s one-game suspension for exceeding the technical foul limit.

I am surprised that Stan still has two healthy knee caps after making this statement.