Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lockout Doozies: Part 1


Without further ado, here’s the best and worst quotes of the offseason thus far.

I am confident, check that, I am certain more doozies will be forthcoming so look for Part 2 at the conclusion of the lockout. Let’s hope there’s no need for a Part 3 or 4.

“Talk to the owner. He gave me the deal. When it comes to contracts, the players aren’t sitting there negotiating that contract. I’m sitting at home and my agent calls me, saying, ‘I got a max on the table.’ I’m not going to sit there and say, ‘Naw, that’s too much. Go out there and negotiate $20 or $30 [million] less.’ “
- Washington’s Rashard Lewis.

He’s right.

“All Haters should catch full blown Aids and Die! Do the world a favor! and rid us of you all!”
- Kenyon Martin on Twitter, in response to some criticism over his lucrative Chinese deal.

K-Mart – you’re a bum.

“I wanted to display all of my shoes, so I had this 500-square-foot closet made. I just thought this would be a cool idea, and it would almost look like a museum. I had a fingerprint sensor put on the door to make sure I’m the only one who can get in here. I mostly wear Air Jordans. All of the Jordan guys are selected by Michael Jordan himself. It’s kind of hard to tell MJ no. I have 436 pairs of sneakers in here, and they’re mostly unworn. I’ll wear all of them eventually.”
- Atlanta’s Joe Johnson.

That’s perfectly reasonable.

Read more of my article at NBAMate