Wednesday, September 28, 2011

All-Head Case Team

The general rule of thumb is that an NBA roster can support only one head case. Exceed the limit and the job of coaching will resemble that of a highly paid baby sitter – just ask Flip Saunders or George Karl.

So I’ve always wondered; what if we rounded up the ten biggest lunatics in the NBA and stuck them on one team. How would they fare?

The results would be spectacular – in a train wreck sort of way. I imagine team chemistry would be similar to what you would find at a 10 year-olds pick-up game, with tantrums, blowups and a ‘whoever gets it shoots it’ strategy.

But it’s not like I am treading new ground here. Isiah Thomas had the same idea back in his New York days.

Here’s my All-Head Case line-up.

Read more of my article at NBAMate